Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Vision of eHire...

One of the most fascinating phenomena in the scientific community is that of parallel discovery. When the time is right, researchers in one part of the world will discover something of incredible significance while scientists in another part of the world will come across the same findings within days, even as humanity had waited centuries for such a result. This phenomenon is similar to what occurred in the 1960’s when American scientists were the first to achieve the unthinkable scenario of having a man walk along the surface of the moon.

I’ve had for some time a vision of the perfect recruiting platform, which would be web-based, process-driven, and candidate-centric. I started pushing the idea, and consulted with my friend Ran Margalit, who is a genius programmer and has the greatest patience for my idealistic, if unpractical ideas. With Ran, everything seems to be feasible and achievable within the span of a few months. This time, he asked me to think about it, and I realized that this endeavor may have been considered large and difficult, even by my standards. Then I heard of eHire. It seems that Joe Sabrin, and Shaul Halevi, both brilliant entrepreneurs, had developed the exact platform I envisioned, and even made it better. It took them about 5 years of hard work and iterations, culminating in the much anticipated product release on March 1, 2009.

The really exciting part is that we immediately saw the potential for a great partnership, and as of Friday the 13th, I am officially the Chief Marketing Officer of eHire. I remain, of course, Managing Director of GoLAN Consulting, which I have built and grown over the past 6 years. We plan to capitalize on the unique synergy between the two companies, as I will be one of the platform’s most avid users on the recruiting side.

In short, they built the rocket, but they are gracefully taking me along for the big adventure. Honestly, I cannot think of a better way to get to the moon.

Written by Val Golan
Val@eHire.com
Val@GoLANconsulting.com

No comments: